The LS500 combines an ultra-short throw 4K PRO-UHD 3LCD projector with an ultra-high definition ambient light rejecting screen.
I know from personal experience that gaming is better when you can game bigger. There are a number of 4K projector solutions available on the market and Epson has just added three more: a 4K laser projection TV and two compact 4K projectors.
Epson LS500 Laser Projection TV
Up first is the Epson LS500 Laser Projection TV. Combining an ultra-short throw 4K PRO-UHD 3LCD projector with an ultra-high definition ambient light rejecting screen, the LS500 is available in 100- and 120-inch screen sizes.
“The Epson LS500 Laser Projection TV redefines the traditional television experience by offering an immersive display size up to 120-inches. Whether you’re watching a live sporting event, streaming your favorite series, gaming on the latest generation of consoles, or simply watching the latest blockbuster movie, the all-new Epson Laser Projection TV will simple amaze you.”
Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc.
The LS500 Laser Projection TV has a dynamic contrast ratio which exceeds 2,500,000:1, HDR support, and includes Android TV.
Other features of the new 4K projector system from Epson include:
- A Complete Solution – The Epson LS500 Laser Projection TV combines an advanced ultra-short throw laser projector with an ultra-high definition ambient light rejecting screen with unique optical layering technology to produce vivid colors and deep blacks for an exceptionally bright, colorful, and sharp picture – in virtually any type of viewing environment.
- An Immersive Display up to 120 inches – As an alternative to traditional LCD and OLED TVs, the Epson LS500 Laser Projection TV1 represents a new generation of digital projection that redefines the everyday television experience by offering a stunning picture available in both 100-inch or 120-inch screen sizes.
- 4K PRO-UHD Projection Technology – A new type of 4K projection technology utilizing advanced processing for resolution enhancement, color, and image processing – resulting in an exceptionally sharp picture.
- Incredibly Bright Picture – Capable of displaying 4K HDR content at an exceptional level of brightness for both color and white content. This not only provides for an amazing viewing experience but sets a new standard in this class of projection – allowing for all-day viewing in virtually any lighting environment.
- Advanced HDR Processing – Full 10-bit color processing accepting 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an exceptional visual performance.
- Outstanding Color Accuracy – Advanced 3-Chip 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for the Rec. 709 color space to be displayed for outstanding color accuracy.
- Amazing Contrast – Advanced black density control individually pulses the laser light emitting from the Epson Dynamic Laser Array diodes to precisely suppress stray light within the signal – producing an incredible Dynamic Contrast Ratio exceeding 2,500,000:1.
- Digital Image Processing – Realtime 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions, while helping to eliminate banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown.
- Latest 18 Gbps HDMI 2.0 with ARC Support – Fully compatible with virtually all color formats, depths, and spaces while simultaneously supporting 4K HDR content at a full 60 Hz. This allows for outstanding compatibility with the latest 4K HDR content and next-generation gaming hardware.
- Powered by Google – Included Android TV operating system with a simple-to-use remote – includes voice search with built-in Google Assistant. Watch all your favorite streaming channels including Netflix, HBO, Showtime, YouTube, Hulu, ESPN and more. Even stream live TV with apps like PlayStation Vue and YouTube TV.
- Award-Winning Service & Support – Standard two-year limited warranty, along with free technical phone support for the life of the product.
Available in white or black, the 100-inch version of the LS500 will retail for US$4,999 while the 120-inch has an MSRP of $5,999. The laser projection TV will be available in the first quarter of 2020.
Epson Home Cinema 3200 and Home Cinema 3800
For those looking for a more affordable option, the Epson Home Cinema 3200 and Home Cinema 3800 offer up a 4K HDR experience starting at US$1,4999.99. The 3200 and 3800 both display 4K HDR at 60 fps with 3,000 lumens of brightness. In addition, the new Home Cinema 4K projectors from Epson allow for easy alignment with their ±60 percent vertical lens shift and ±24 percent horizontal lens shift.
Key features of the Home Cinema 3200 and 3800 include:
- 4K PRO-UHD Projection Technology – A new type of 4K home theater experience utilizing advanced processing technologies for resolution enhancement, color, and image processing – resulting in an exceptional 4K home theater experience.
- True 3-Chip Projector Design – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for great color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness, without any “rainbow effect” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies.
- 4K Resolution Processing – Advanced pixel-shifting technology precisely controls three-individual high-definition LCD chips to parallel process millions of pixels. This new type of resolution enhancement technology results in an exceptionally sharp 4K visual experience.
- HDR Processing Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepts 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an amazing visual performance.
- Digital Video Processing – Real-time 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions, while helping to eliminate banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown.
- Outstanding Brightness – Capable of displaying 4K content up to an impressive 3,000 lumens for both color and white brightness. This not only provides for a wider performance envelope but allows for a superior HDR performance.
- Full 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Support – Fully compatible with virtually all color formats, depths, and spaces while simultaneously supporting 4K HDR content at a full 60 Hz. This allows for compatibility with the latest 4K HDR content and next-generation gaming hardware.
- Epson Precision Lens – Our latest Epson Precision Lens utilizes a proprietary multi-element Precision Glass Structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. Lens Shift capabilities – up to ±60 percent on the vertical axis and up to ± 24 percent on the horizontal axis.
- Impressive Audio Technologies – Rear-firing dual 10-watt speaker system on the Home Cinema 3800 for convenient everyday use. For true audiophile performance, the Home Cinema 3800 and 3200 also includes Bluetooth wireless speaker support and aptX™ compatibility.
- Active 3D Support – Support for high-performance active 3D glasses to faithfully reproduce all the source 3D information to maximize the visual effect.
Retailing for $1,499.99 (Home Cinema 3200) and $1,699.99 (Home Cinema 3800), the projectors will be available in October at Best Buy and in November at Amazon.